FLOW is a movement of People, Organisations, Government Departments, Corporates, Media, Educators and others linked through their shared commitment to instill a deeper appreciation, understanding and respect for water.
Human beings are made up of over 70% water, and so is the planet. Water is systemic and involved in everything we do including; health care, food and agriculture production, power generation, construction, transport and product development.
There is a clear consensus that there will be a fresh water supply-demand gap both globally and in South Africa.
Recognition that this impacts us all is an opportunity to unify and engage in collective action, that inspires lasting behaviour change, which is respectful of water as a source of life, mindful of water usage and prioritises water preservation.
The Movement inspires action across all sectors of society, while reminding each of us that we have a considerable impact on ourselves, each other and the planet. It is our choice.
The unifying message ‘for love of water’ and commitment communicates an understanding; that in order to nurture the life that we are, as human beings and as shared custodians of the Earth, we need to live and act for love of water.
· To create a deep appreciation and respect for water.
· To demonstrate how water can unify all sectors of society.
· To support current water education & campaign initiatives.
· To ensure that each human being has access to clean, safe fresh water.
· To ensure that all people take responsibility for their right of access to water.