These TIPS show how water is in everything!
It’s not just what you see coming out of the taps. Water is used to grow our food, create our electricity, make our cars, build our homes, our cities and even needed to package and transport the products we buy. It truly is the vital link in our modern world.
Agriculture accounts for 70% of water use worldwide. So changing our behaviour when it comes to buying and growing food we can make a huge impact in conserving water.
1. Sbusiso planted an organic vegetable garden
2. Danika enjoys meat free Mondays
3. Ben learnt that saving electricity saves water
4. Michael turns his geyser off in the day
5. Sven rides a bicycle to work
6. Kanyisa chooses local products over imports
7. Larissa harvests rainwater from her roof
8. Tony built a house from hemp
9. Leigh uses eco-friendly cleaning products in her home
10. Zain cleans up rubbish from the beach
11. Carol installed a water filter at home
12. Lucy uses a resuable water bottle
13. Cheryse blesses her water before she drinks it
14. Juliet dips in a mountain rock pool after a long day at work
15. Ginette goes for picnics at the dam with her family
1. Sleep less… wake up earlier to water your garden.
2. Be a drip… don’t spray your plants.
3. Don’t kick the bucket… use it to water your plants.
4. Go bos with waterwise fynbos
5. Exercise more… sweep with a broom, don’t hose dirt away.
6. Surprise your neighbour… shower outside in the rain.
7. Save building costs… grow a garden on your roof.
8. Go with the flow… fit a water-efficient shower head.
9. Have fun… bath with a good looking friend.
10. Audition for idols… shower for no more than 4 minutes.
11. Take a cold Shower – it makes for an invigorating start ot the day.
12. Fit aerators to all your taps ,they can reduce consumption by as much as 50%
With thanks to Icologie(icologie.com) and Rob Zipplies(bendingthecurve.co.za)